CHRISTY’S CHICKEN CURRY A Les Chaudieres
1/3 cup butter
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp minced peepled gingerroot
About 2 tbsp curry powder, to taste
1/4 cup flour
4 cups rich chicken broth
2 cups coconut milk
3 whole boned chicken breast, poached and cut in 1- inch cubes
2 potatoes peeled
2 carrots, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Sauté the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Stir in the curry powder and flour, and cook gently, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk, and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens (5 to 10 minutes). Strain it.
- Add the chicken, potatoes and carrots to the curry sauce, and cook gently until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve the chicken curry on rice, accompanied by condiments, such as:
chopped bananas, toasted coconut, crumbled cooked bacon, chopped tomatoes,
chopped peanuts and mango chutney.